Bemana is helping a leading agricultural dealer in the Oskaloosa, IA area to find a Service Manager to join their growing team!
The Service Manager is responsible for managing service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment. They will do so by optimizing Service Department processes, ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. Additionally, the service manager will be responsible for growing profitable service labor sales and exercising disciplined expense control. They will attract, retain, and effectively engage department personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, communicate, enforce and monitor effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Create annual Service Department goals and budgets, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Develop and execute Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Coordinate customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events.
- Submit all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Schedule and assign jobs/work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing.
- Ensure all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order.
- Manage recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position.
- 3+ years of experience in Service department operations preferred nut not required.
- 2+ years of previous management experience.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Familiar with John Deere and other similar product lines.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.