Bemana is searching for a Shop Foreman in Spokane, WA to join the team of our client, a Heavy Civil Construction Company that specializes in concrete paving and rehabilitation of airfields, highways, and city streets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must set high expectations for safety. He or she should also be knowledgeable with the laws and requirements governing our activities and work every day to be engaged and engage others to comply with those regulations to keep everyone safe. There are several ways in which to rate this as a success. Accidents or lack thereof. D.O.T. safety stat ratings. JHA scorecard that tracks participation with daily safety training and others.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of equipment maintenance and use this knowledge to supervise high quality and cost-effective repairs. Success here will show up long term in a reduction of our cost per hour base on all equipment as well as improving the uptime.
- Supervising D.O.T. annual inspection compliances are a requirement of the position.
- Monitoring maintenance repairs, teaching good, techniques and discipline are a requirement of the position. In field failures and call backs will be a gauge success or failure.
- Manage all parts request to insure we have completed good troubleshooting first and not just“throwing parts at it” until we solve the problem.
- Continually work to build a nucleus of skilled individuals around him and to improve that team with ongoing training and mentoring.
- Build knowledge of the equipment cost side of managing the shop to help you to make better day to day decisions.
- Maintaining a clean shop, is a safe and efficient shop. Requiring that to be maintained is not always easy when you are extremely busy. However, once that is the new standard and is required from everyone it will become the norm. The shop foreman will have to set the standard.
- Review daily mechanics timecards and ensure proper coding to ensure the cost are going to the right places.
- Organize and prioritize the projects with the shop manager to optimize both shop space and differing individuals’ talents.
- Ability to conduct and manage daily activities in a safe manner
- High school diploma, associate degree preferred or equivalent.
- Previous mechanic/management experience required.
- Developed skills relating to decision making, delegation, time management, problem solving and interpersonal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word and Outlook, Adobe, Email, and Internet.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint Construction Software or other similar software helpful.
- Requires Operating Engineers Union Affiliation, or intention to join union
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.