We are currently seeking a Power Systems/Switchgear Technician for our for a large, reputable electric motor repair shop.
- Understanding and knowledge of NETA standards, IEEE specifications and NEMA specifications as they pertain to low and medium voltage switchgear.
- Good technical understanding and application of all types of switchgear, protective relaying and controls of switchgear, including the operation, maintenance and testing.
- Hands-on experience on low and medium voltage switchgear, including disassembly, component inspection/repair, reassembly, and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in shop and field.
- Train personnel to troubleshoot, repair, and test power distribution equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to pass medical physical.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to stand/walk for extended periods, and able to climb/work at
- High School diploma or equal. Higher education such as vocation training, technical trade school [AVO
Substation Maintenance, Relay Testing, etc. for example] or college degree is preferred.
- NETA or NICET Level 1-4 Electrical Power Testing Certifications are preferred
- Previous experience in power distribution industry.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, vendors, etc.
- Significant travel to customer sites required.
- Capable of multitasking with no supervision.
- Good computer skills with basic programs such as Word, Excel and Email.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Higher education, such as vocation training or technical trade school, is a
Competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, retirement, relocation assistance, and much more.
If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume, and one of our recruiters will be in touch to tell you more about the position and learn more about your experience and aspirations.
If your experience does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our recruiters, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruiting services to the nation’s equipment and industrial sectors. Our clients and candidates value us for our specialized recruiting expertise, vast knowledge of the equipment and industrial job market, and ability to solve their most challenging employment needs. We have successfully recruited thousands of top-level professionals filling a wide range of management, sales, engineering, and technical positions across the nation.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Bemana offers a $500 reward for referrals that lead to a hire. So, if this job or location is not for you, but you know someone that might be interested, send them this link and we’ll send you a check if they get hired. Terms & conditions apply.